St Jude's Alumni

St Jude's Alumni

Wednesday 5 August 2020

Thank you.




Dear All

 

For once I’m struggling to find the words to express my thanks for your extremely kind, generous and supportive comments. Primarily I write this material for myself as a way to escape reality– if only for a short time- and never intended to post anything until Bea conned me into it. Right now I expect we all are going through a tough time and to know that these writings bring a little joy and pleasure to others gives me such a lift. It makes the effort more than worthwhile.

 Everything I said in the introduction in my last post remains, however my major issue – and I think I’ve  mentioned this on more than a few occasions- is/was that I’ve always tried to deliver a chapter/story in a certain time frame but I’m finding that increasingly difficult to achieve. I’ve always been greatly appreciative of readers’ support and felt it may be better to call it a day rather than face further interminable delays as I didn’t want readers to think I was taking their patience and understanding for granted.

 I suppose this is another long winded way of saying once readers are aware that there may be a longer period between posts I’ll continue until it becomes impossible for me to do so. Another alternative may be shorter chapters/stories but as you can see, I rarely use one word/sentence/paragraph when I can use ten. So I’m not sure that would work out too well.

 I had intended for Life’s Little Dilemmas to be a one off but readers seem to like it so if you can bear with me for a while I’ll revisit it and see where it takes us.

 Thank you again for your kind words, it really means so much.

 Take care and keep yourselves safe.

 Carrie

 


6 comments:

  1. Take all the time you want. Those of us, and there are many, truly appreciate your genius and your passion. Thank you and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a totally new reader on this site. I'm currently working on reading a very victorian education and I have to say from what little I have read, amazing work! I just want to let you know that no matter the update frequency, I will keep reading your works. At the end of the day as a reader, I can always find a different (though inferior) site to read while waiting for updates. I would prefer to have updates even if it is only one a year (or slower) than to see your writing totally disappear. Hopefully you will continue to write and thank you for sharing your writing and stories with us. Best wishes to you and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your kind comments I greatly appreciate them and I’m delighted you have enjoyed the material I post. To know that people have taken the time to post a comment means a lot. AVVE is a long read so hopefully you won’t tire of it as Aubrey’s journey winds its way to its conclusion.
    I’ve made a start on another chapter of LLD so will try to get that finished asap.

    Take care
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't think for a moment we are not eagerly anticipating the posting of Chapter 2. Take your time. And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chapter One was such a tease. You little devil! Priscilla. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you

    Thank you Pricilla and the Anon commenter for your kind words, it’s really good to know you’ve enjoyed the material I post and I greatly appreciate your continuing support. Hopefully you will enjoy the latest post.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete