St Jude's Alumni

St Jude's Alumni

Monday 13 April 2015

Victorian Captions

I had mentioned in a reply to a comment on Bea’s blog that I had an idea for a Victorian themed Forced Feminisation story mainly because I’ve always been intrigued and captivated not only by the late Victorian/Edwardian era  but any period right up to the 50’s. Obviously ladies fashion is a major consideration but those societies held an equal fascination for me from a social aspect also. It’s no coincidence that this was the era that maids’ uniforms became standardised and the maid’s uniform was the distinguishing feature between mistress and maid. I reckon it would take a lot of research to do a story properly so not sure if I would/could undertake it just now.

But for some reason this did trigger something in me about how an idea can become a source of fascination, obsession even. I don’t know what it’s like for others who are into FF or petticoat discipline but I went through phases where I was completely fascinated about certain facets of femininity. One example, I went through a long period where the big thing  was  bridal gowns, it became almost an addiction I bought bridal magazines, would go out of my way to see stores displaying bridal gowns in their windows, lingering in hotel lobbies at a wedding just to catch a glimpse of a bride in a satin gown. Crazy.

 Eventually it became such an obsession I had to buy one, then another and another. Anyway this is a long winded way of saying it was the same with the Victorian/Edwardian era I became obsessed, and the way I dealt with it was to caption some scenes from various TV shows and films, some I even made into mini stories just for my  own amusement well… more titillation I suppose.

Anyhoo here are a few old ones I did years ago and posted on Flickr they’re pretty basic but do have a Victorian theme. It's a pity the maid's uniform is not the standard black one but I think the overall  scene makes up for it. Some readers may have seen them already but others may find them interesting.

FYI those following ASP I’m close to finishing it- hopefully in the next 2 weeks I have one Illustration almost done and hoping to get a second before I post the final chapter.


Carrie





1 comment:

  1. The stories associated with images make the stories more exciting and you can express so much without having to describe it in detail.
    Carrie is an excellent writer. He has many amusing same hours of reading prepares us with his stories about the "genre". The individual episodes are always pleasant with very long about 7-8000 words (rd.14 A4 pages).
    Be it "Rose and Jack" with the last episode 5 (The Conclusion) http://beastv.blogspot.de/2013/03/rose-and-jack-part-5-conclusion.html
    - 8 Comments-
    or "Amongst Women" with the last episode 6 (The Conclusion) http://beastv.blogspot.de/2013/11/amongst-women-part-6-conclusion.html
     -25 Comments-
    and his last work to date - unfortunately still unfinished, lacking the happy ending of the protagonist Robert, now Daphne (I wait anxiously)
    A Suitable Position Chapter 12 http://beastv.blogspot.de/2015_04_01_archive.html
    I have "Amongst Women" accompanied from the outset with comprehensive very positive comments and can summarize only hope that someday this possibly be available to the other two stories in book form.
    I want to say is that even his next literary work
    William's New Life
    will be very successful.
    Carrie, please write!
    Please do not jump to conclusions because of the resonance outstanding. Your readers are waiting for the conclusion of your story so beautiful ASP and in my opinion can not devote the new theme with due attention.
    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete